Frequently Asked Questions
Will the tour be any different due to COVID-19?
While the breathtaking views and overall quality of the tours will remain the same, we are changing the size of our groups and how we do our lunches. We are limiting our group tours, and we are running private group tours as an alternative. Our picnic style lunch will change to a packaged lunch. We have partnered with local restaurant, Brandy’s Cafe, to minimize contamination. We also ensure our vans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to each tour!
What steps will GCA take to mitigate transmission of COVID - 19?
We are committed to your safety and we will provide you with masks, hand sanitizer, and our guides will take extra safety measures to minimize contact wherever possible. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our vans, however after COVID we will take extra precautions when sanitizing our vans as well as our coolers. Each van will have access to sanitation materials.
Are there any travel alerts for Flagstaff?
The US State Department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) post travel alerts and travel warnings for countries where the health and safety of travelers may be at risk. When planning your trip, we recommend you check the State Department site and CDC to see what precautions you should take.
If you have further questions the City of Flagstaff also has information on open business and best practices. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
How should I prepare for my trip to Flagstaff?
What is the weather like in Flagstaff?
What else is there to do in Flagstaff?
Some points of interest include:
- Lowell Observatory
- Walnut Creek Canyon
- Buffalo Park
- Downtown Flagstaff
- Harkin’s Movie Theater and Flagstaff Mall
What is Flagstaff's elevation?
What is the Grand Canyon's elevation?
The North Rim of Grand Canyon is about 8,200 feet above sea level on average.
The Bottom of the Grand Canyon (Colorado River) is approximately 2,200 feet above sea level.
How do I get from Twin Arrows Navajo Casino to the Grand Canyon Adventures Office?
DIRECTIONS TO 400 S Malpais Ln. Flagstaff, AZ 86001
from Twin Arrows, 22181 Resort Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
to 400 S Malpais Ln, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
- Turn right onto Resort Blvd – 1.0 mi
- Turn right onto Twin Arrows Rd – 0.1 mi
- Turn right to merge onto I-40 W toward Flagstaff – 0.4 mi
- Follow I-40 W to E Butler Ave in Flagstaff. Take exit 198 from I-40 W – 19 min (21.0 mi)
- Turn right onto E Butler Ave – 0.3 mi
- Use the left 2 lanes at the large intersection to turn LEFT to stay on E Butler Ave – 1.6 mi
- Follow E Butler. Continue STRAIGHT through next intersections onto W Clay Ave – 0.1 mi
- Turn right onto Resort Blvd – 1.0 mi
- Turn left onto S Malpais Ln Destination will be on the left. Lot between Grand Canyon Adventures and Jack-in-the-Box
FINAL DESTINATION: 400 S Malpais Ln. Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Where is Flagstaff? How far is it from where I'm staying?
- Phoenix – 147 miles or 2.25 hours
- Sedona – 29.4 miles or about 0.8 hours
- Page – 129 miles or 2.2 hours
- Grand Canyon South Rim – 82 miles or 1.5 hours
- Tusayan – 72 miles or 1.25 hours
- Las Vegas – 250 miles or 3.6 hours
- The Moon – 238,900 miles or 3413 hours
Does your Grand Canyon Tour include the Skywalk?
How should I dress for my tour?
October – March: Dress in layers and winter clothes. Mornings and evenings are cold and wind chill can be significant. Daytime highs in March are 55 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit so dress in layers you can change according to the conditions.
April – September: Comfortable shorts, breathable tops, sunscreen hats and sunglasses. Bring a hooded article in case of early morning chilly winds or rain. Umbrellas and extra ponchos are provided.
Do you do trips down to the Colorado River?
How do I get to Flagstaff from Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix?
- Get on I-10 W
- Take exit 143A-143B to merge onto I-17 N
- Stay on I-17 for 145 mi
- Take exit 340B to Merge onto Milton Road in Flagstaff
- Continue STRAIGHT on Milton
- Turn left onto S Malpais Ln. (The corner with Jack-in-the-Box and Dairy Queen)
- Parking for tours available in the lot between Jack-in-the-Box and us.
- Arrive at our office at 400 S. Malpais Ln.
How do I drive to Grand Canyon Adventures from Sedona?
- Head north on state route 89A
- Continue on 89A for about 40 min
- At traffic circle take 2nd exit and stay on John Wesley Powell Blvd
- Turn left to merge onto I-17 N toward Flagstaff
- Merge onto Milton Rd
- Stay on Milton
- Turn left onto S. Malpais Ln. It’s between a Dairy Queen and Jack-in-the-Box.
- Our lot is between Jack-in-the-Box and our office at 400 S. Malpais Ln.
How do I get from Williams to Grand Canyon Adventures in Flagstaff?
- Get on I-40 E
- Follow I-40 E for 24 min
- Take exit 191
- Follow Historic Route 66 AKA West Route 66
- Turn left onto S. Milton.
- Take next left onto S. Malpais Ln. (corner with Jack-in-the-Box)
- Parking available in the lot between Jack-in-the-Box and our office.
How far is the hike from the South Rim to the bottom of the Canyon?
What is the name of the mountains in Flagstaff?
Do your private hiking tours go down to the bottom of the canyon?
Do I need a guide to hike down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
Can I hike to the bottom and back in a day?
What is the temperature in the Grand Canyon?
Do you have a Grand Canyon Sunset Tour?
How far in advance do I need to book my tour?
Can I pay in cash the day of my tour?
We want to stay in Grand Canyon Village/Tusayan after our tour. Can you drop us off when the tour is over?
No. Tour-takers must begin and finish the tour in Flagstaff.